The Illinois Registered Interior Designers Act is set to expire on January 1, 2022. If the Act is not extended by the legislature this year, it will be eliminated. HB 1738, currently in the legislature, will extend our Act to 2032. More information about the act can be found HERE.
ASID Illinois & IIDA Illinois Chapter is looking for support to ensure the Act is not eliminated. Supporting the profession is easy, and only takes a few seconds.
Here’s how you can help by or before Tuesday, March 16th:
- Click this LINK
- Click the light grey box at the top labeled “Create Witness Slip”
- Scroll down to “HB1738 Nicholas K. Smith REGISTERED INTERIOR DESIGNERS”
- Click the graphic that looks like a pencil and paper to the far right of “REGISTERED INTERIOR DESIGNERS”
- Fill out ALL information boxes
- Under Identification for Firm/Business Or Agency, you can put “Self” or your firm, business, or agency
- For Representation, you can put “Self” or your firm, business, or agency
- For Position, select “Proponent”
- For Testimony, select “Record of Appearance Only”
- Agree to terms and complete reCAPTCHA
- Click “Create Slip”
- Make sure you receive a success message
- Share this link with anyone with an Illinois address. They are seeking as many proponent record of appearance only slips as possible.
More information about the act can be found HERE.